After the launch in New York City two weeks ago, I was this Tuesday at the Paris Visual Studio 2013 Launch event. The event took place the whole afternoon at the conference center of Microsoft France. There were around 500 attendees, including some special guests, such as Brian Harry and Ed Blankenship, who presented all the new features to the audience !
The event was a big success and I was very happy, that the company I work for Cellenza had its own booth. We had changed our logo and website just before the event, so I was happy with the new design, which I find to be quite appealing.
We had a little quiz going and you could win some interesting gifts, there were also free USB keys for people responding to the quiz! You have to have some fun activities to attract people to your booth and winning some goodies always works great.
I was impressed by the number of people responding to our quiz, I think this was a good success. We had the opportunity to meet a good amount of people and to exchange on different subjects.
The agenda was packed with news, announcements and some quite interesting subjects, as you can see below:
- Transforming software development in a world of devices and services,
- New features in Visual Studio 2013 and Team Foundation Server 2013
- ALM and Windows Azure
- How to develop great Windows 8.1 applications using Visual Studio 2013
- Deezer : Success of a French music streaming company
- Integrate your GIT projects within Team Foundation Server 2013
- Questions and Responses with Brian Harry, Ed Blankenship and Jean Marc Prieur
Here are the slides in French: