The last part described how to replace the Entity Framework with custom Data Sources. This part goes into more detail concerning the necessary modifications in the Host & Client projects.
At the end of this part you will have a fully working ADO.NET Data Service that is based on your own custom Data Structure and Data Sources.
- Open the Client project and add a new Service Reference to the ExampleDataService2
- Change the implementation in the Main function and add a new proxy to the new ADO.NET Data Service
- Change the implementation in the Read function and add a two new function calls in dependency of the user input
- Add the implementation of the new ReadEF and ReadCustom functions so that the correct proxy is used to query for data and display it in the console
- Open the Host project and modify the Main function so that both ADO.NET Data Services are hosted on different addresses